Frequently Asked Questions About Leasing
At Sheehy Honda in Alexandria, we want to make the leasing process as easy as possible for all our loyal customers which is why we’ve answered some questions people typically have about the Honda leasing process below. We do our best to cover all our bases, but if your question isn’t answered on this page, please call us at 703-650-0662, visit us at 7434 Richmond Highway Alexandria, VA 22306 or fill out the contact form below!
Honda Leasing FAQ’s
Do I need to have my vehicle maintenance if I lease it?
- Yes, you are responsible for servicing your Honda based on Honda’s minimum recommendations. You are also required to bring your vehicle in for maintenance if any part of the car has an open recall on it.
What are the insurance requirements for leasing a Honda?
- You must have the state required physical damage, comprehensive and collision insurance and you should list Honda Lease Trust as another insured and loss payee. Be sure to read your lease agreement very carefully and contact your insurance provider for more information on what insurances you are required to have and what plan works best for you.
Where do I send my insurance information?
- Please have your insurance provider send proof of insurance to Honda Lease Trust and name it as Loss Payee and Additional Insured.
Please send your proof of insurance to the following address:
Honda Lease Trust
c/o PDP Services
P.O. Box 650201
Hunt Valley, MD 21065
I drive more than 15,000 miles a year, is leasing still a good option for me?
- Yes! You can always call and change your mileage plan and we have special lease programs that will allow you to buy mileage up-front at a lower cost than you would pay at the end of your lease.
If I buy a vehicle service contract, can I include its cost in my lease payments?
- Yes. At Sheehy Honda in Alexandria, we will work with you to figure out the vehicle service plan that best fits your life.
What happens if my vehicle is stolen or completely totaled in an accident?
- You can be rest assured that you are covered if your Honda is totaled or stolen because all our Honda Leases include GAP insurance. Your lease may be terminated early if your Honda is stolen or totaled in an accident. If this happens to you, please contact Honda Customer Service as soon as possible to report the incident.
What are the Honda Loyal customer benefits?
- At Sheehy Honda in Alexandria, we love to reward our loyal customers!^ If you have previously leased with us and Honda Financial Services you can receive an additional $500 Excessive Wear-and-Use or Damage Waiver on your current lease and/or a waiver on the turn-in fee on your current lease!*
What do I do when my lease is up?
- You have tons of options when your lease up! You can lease a new Honda, simply return your leased vehicle, buy your leased vehicle, or buy a new or used car!