Honda’s End of Lease Process
At Sheehy Honda in Alexandria, we pride ourselves on making the leasing return process as easy as possible. To help keep you on track with all the leasing milestones, we’ve provided a “Lease End Checklist” as well as a list of steps to if you decide to buy your leased vehicle, below.
Steps to Take Before Returning Your Leased Vehicle:
Once you’ve decided to return the Honda you’re leasing, there are a few steps that you’ll need to take before returning your leased Honda to us. To make it easy for you to keep track of all the lease end steps we’ve outlined them below as well as created an actual checklist you can download.
End of Lease Checklist
- 6 months before your last payment: (ONLY FOR THOSE WHO ARE GOING TO LEASE ANOTHER VEHICLE)
- Do some research and browse our extensive inventory of new Hondas. Once you decide on a new Honda to lease give us a call at (703)660-0100 to set up a time to test drive it.
- 2-3 months before your last payment:
- Contact our team of finance and sales experts at (703)660-0100 to go over the list of actions you need to take before returning your lease. Or call Honda’s Lease Maturity Center at 1-800-708-6555 to go over the list of actions you need to take before returning your lease.
- 2 months before your last payment:
- Schedule a free vehicle inspection to review the wear, use and damage. You can call the Lease Maturity Center at 1-800-708-6555 to find the closest inspection provider to you. Or you can click here to schedule an appointment online with SGS. While all Honda leases come with an Excess Wear and Use waiver, you will be responsible for all charges that exceed that waiver. Click here to learn more about the vehicle inspection process.
- One week before your last payment:
- Call us at (703)660-0100 to make an appointment to return your Honda.
- At the specific time of the return:
- Bring your Honda back to our dealership located at 7434 Richmond Highway Alexandria, VA 22306. Please remember to bring the following items with you:
o All keys to the vehicle
o Owner’s manual and maintenance records
o Vehicle Return Receipt
o Vehicle Inspection Report
o Receipts for completed repairs
- After you return your leased vehicle:
- Contact a Honda Financial Services customer service representative at 1-800-708-6555 to let them know that you returned the vehicle and to ask any questions you might have. This will start the finalization process for your account.
- If you have made all your payments on the vehicle, then you won’t need to do anything else and will no longer receive monthly statements. If you still have outstanding payments, you will need to make sure that those payments get made.
Steps to Take Before Buying Your Leased Vehicle:
At Sheehy Honda in Alexandria, we work to make it as easy as possible to buy the vehicle you are leasing! We want to ensure that you have all the information you need to buy your vehicle which is why we’ve provided you with all the necessary steps you need to take to buy your car below!
Buying Your Leased Vehicle Checklist
- Get your payoff quote by calling us at (703)660-0100 or by calling a Honda Financial Services customer service representative at 1-800-708-6555. You can call and request a quote from Honda Financial Services at any time as the Express Payoff system is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! You can also login to your account to get your payoff quote.
*Note: When you call and request a payoff quote you can also request confirmation of the payoff quote, instructions and other necessary documentation to be mailed to you.*
- Call the Lease Maturity Center at 1-800-708-6555 and let them know that you plan on buying your leased vehicle.
- Mail the full payoff amount and a signed and dated Odometer Disclosure Statement and Title Release Information form to the address below. Please make sure that Honda Financial Services has your most current mailing address on file.
Honda Finance Exchange Inc.**
P.O. Box 70252
Philadelphia, PA 19176
If you are using a mail delivery service that requires a physical address, please use the following address:
Honda Finance Exchange Inc.
Lockbox # 70252 **
101. N Independence Mall East
Philadelphia, PA 19106
If you have no outstanding balance, a title will be mailed to you once the confirmation of final payment has been received.
- Re-register your vehicle at your local DMV! State laws require that you title and register the vehicle in your own name and pay any other taxes and state fees that may be required.
If you have any other questions or concerns, click here for end of lease FAQs or contact us at 703-650-0662.